The “mommy makeover” has been a hot trend over the last few years. Some moms are finally overcoming the struggle to constantly give without taking anything for themselves in return. For most moms, this is truly difficult because the natural tendency is to put herself last, if at all. For those moms willing to give themselves permission to restore their body after childbirth, a mommy makeover may be just the right answer.
What is a mommy makeover?
A mommy makeover is plastic surgery to restore a woman’s body after childbirth. A mommy makeover may include some or almost all of the following procedures:
- A tummy tuck to remove stretched-out skin, excess fat and stretch marks in the abdomen. The procedure also tightens up the midline and can even reposition your belly button.
- Liposuction to remove stubborn fat in the midline, love handles and sometimes the thighs and hips. We can also do liposuction in the bra strap area.
- Breast augmentation to restore the flattened upper area of the breasts and bring back your cleavage.
- A breast lift to raise sagging breasts and restore the nipples to their original position. We can also improve the appearance of the nipple and areola (the pigmented area around the nipple).
- Breast reduction to remove excess weight still trapped in your breasts.
- Labiaplasty to restore the vaginal area, tighten the excess tissue that may have been permanently stretched during pregnancy and the birthing process and/or improve the appearance of the genital area.
- Eyelid lift to remove wrinkles and under-eye bags from all those sleepless nights with the baby.
- Other facial procedures, including neurotoxins to help remove the elevens (vertical wrinkles between the eyes), crow’s feet and other wrinkles, or hyaluronic acid fillers (Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm) or fat transfers to improve the wrinkles around the nose, mouth and lips and to restore fullness in cheeks.
Your board-certified plastic surgeon will help you decide what procedure combination is most safe for you and will reach the goals you have set out to achieve.
On next page we discuss:
What a mommy makeover isn’t